May 30, 2010

Gardening

Anna and I have really gotten into gardening as we have a little garden where we live. We have really cleaned it up and tried to landscape it a little bit. We planted a few vegetables and they seem to be doing quite well. I just noticed today the edges of the leaves of the dwarf bean plant are turning white. I did research it quite a bit and have come to the conclusion that it might be calcium deficiency. I stopped by the garden center to get their advice and they suggested that it could be mildew but I really don't think that's the problem. I have now fed the plants loads of powdered egg shells, chicken shit and heaped some compost over the plants. I think this will help. If anyone has other ideas or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment